Thursday, January 27, 2011

Walking in a Winter Wonderland

I am and always will be a real life Dora the Explorer. I love to see the world and I have an unruly amount of ambition to jump on a plane as frequently as financially possible! But when the “dreaded” – as many called it – snow took over little Ireland back at the end of 2010, my Dora instincts strangely kicked in. Oh yes, it was time to explore the home town!

Now don’t get me wrong, it was super annoying when my bean can of a car didn’t start for about a month (she's so moody), but I genuinely loved looking at and being out in the snow. So I wrapped up warm, tucked my Abercrombie & Fitch bottoms into my never more appreciated UGGs and I started out on my adventure of exploring my little home town, a town that is widely known as the Venice of Ireland. 
This post is an account of that exploration. You may notice that I have a strange fascination with trees when looking at these. Fear not, I am a monkey! ;)

I hope you like them! xoxo


Such amazing colours and lighting


Dusk
Resting Peacefully
Breaking Through


A frozen Grand Canal resting over a fast flowing River Barrow

Snow falling and not a cloud in site - magical

Unmade journeys...

A peaceful Monasterevin in the distance

Grand Canal at Moore's Lock - as featured on www.rte.ie

A peaceful main street

The Jelly Babies frozen over

Unusual Findings

An old resident of the town... 



2 comments: